- Premium Luxury Presentation. A single continuous hide of either 2.5mm or 3.5mm thick, veg tanned leather with a ringbinder mechanism.
- Any Size or Format. While most of the photos above show A4 portfolios, we can also make them in A3 and all U.S sizes as well. They can also be orientated portrait or landscape.
- Bespoke To Your Requirements. Just like a bespoke suit or dress, this item is custom made just for you. This means that the size, the leather, the inner colour and whether it has internal pockets or not is completely up to you.
- A Large Choice of Binder Mechanisms. European 2 or 4 ring, American 3 ring, lever arch file mechanisms and sizes from 2cm to 12cm. We've dedicated a whole page to the styles available which can be found on this link, Ring Binder and Lever Arch Mechanisms
- Need Help. Hopefully all answers you'll need are in the tabbed section above, but if by any chance you have any further questions or any problems, please feel free to call us.
- You have a choice of 2 types of leather, 3.5mm thick and 2.5mm thick. - Texture. The texture of these two leathers differ in that the 2.5mm has a lot of texture and the 3.5mm has less. That said, this is a generalisation, as each batch of leather can vary in texture. - Leather Colour. The 3.5mm is available in brown and black...
... and the 2.5mm is available in mid brown, dark brown and black.
- Provenance & Process. We source our leather from a UK wholesaler who in turn sources directly from a tannery in Italy. Our hides are bovine (cow) hides, full grain (top of the skin down) that have been vegetable 'veg' tanned and dyed through. The hides are 'tumble finished', which means they are placed in a large drum and then gently spun or "tumbled" for a period of time. This process breaks down the fibres in the hide, not only making it slightly softer, but also making the surface of the hide more textured. The thinner the hide, the more textured it becomes. - Worth Mentioning. We use "non corrected grain" hides, (they have not had a false skin grain stamped into the surface). While we carefully select the leather that we use, certain skin marks (stretching, bites and scars) may be apparent. Also, being natural, some hides might be more or less textured than others. We have a more comprehensive page on leather here.
- Back Inner Cover. We recommend that you have a cover on the back and there is a wide variety of fabrics and materials to choose from. The fabric swatch can be found here, H&Co Fabric Swatch. - Front Inner Cover. We offer this as either covered or uncovered, as below. If you choose covered it will be in the same material as you choose for the back cover.
- If you are in doubt about any of the fabric colours or textures, we will happily send you out samples. Just use the Contact Us button on the top Menu bar and request what you would like to see.
- How. There are 2 options open to you regarding your personalisation. Either we can set out your wording using one of our house fonts, which can be found here. Or, you can send us finished and ready to use artwork in the form of an .ai or .eps (vector) file. Anything stamped must be in black (not greyscale or colour) on a white background. No JPEG's or PNG files please.Our finished artwork specification can be found here. - Where. Your personalisation can be placed anywhere you like on the cover. - Can I have more than one? Yes, you can have as many personalisations as you like, but each will require a new die - although you can always have the same wording on both spine and cover, and this only incurs a second stamping charge. A die is a metal plate we get made that stamp into the leather and therefore an extra charge will apply. - What are my personalisation options? There are 2 options on having your folder personalised. They are: Blind Deboss Foil Stamping
- You can have internal pockets on the inner covers, for instance a business card pocket or a full length horizontal pocket. These is a surcharge for this and a examples can be seen here. - Pockets can be specified via the ordering process in the column to the right of this tab. - If there is something you would like but you cannot find it mentioned, please ask.
- Our process runs as follows. Your order enters the production queue the moment you check out. Once you have placed an order, you will receive via email, an Order Confirmation sheet. At the bottom of this page you will find an expected despatch date. (Please make sure you reply to this email as it ensures we have understood your order correctly and we will not start making your order until we have this confirmation). - For current lead times between ordering and dispatch as well as shipping costs please click on this link: Delivery lead times and shipping costs.
- Size? We work from the size of the media being placed inside the portfolio or binder. We work on generic international and US sizes, but can make to any size. If the size of the media is not mentioned here we will either ask you to pick the closest size we feature (for pricing purposes) and then you can tell what size the media is, or will make out a special order for you.
- Orientation? Portrait means the media sits vertically and is bound along the long edge. Landscape means the media sits horizontally and is bound along the short edge.
- Protectors, Sleeves or Hinge Strips? It is important for us to know if your pages are being placed in page protectors/pockets or if you are using hinge strips as we must allow for the cover to be sized to fit. Also our H&Co pockets maybe a different size to other suppliers, which is why we ask this question.
- Binder Mechanism? The best guide we can forward you to is the one we have set out on this page here, Ring Binder Mechanisms, which explains what we have, what we can get and also capacity.
- Help? If you are having any problems when placing your order, please feel free to contact us directly. We can't take payments over the phone, but we can certainly help you with placing your order.
Leather Vehicle Document Ring Binder
£210.00 - £280.00
Prices exclude VAT/Taxes
Use the product options below to customise this item and make it bespoke to you in terms of size, colour and personalisation :
Every order we take is individually hand made.
We begin with a premium full grain, veg tanned hide. We measure it to your specification and then cut it out by hand.
The inner cover boards are measured, cut to your specification and then covered in your choice of material.
We then personalise it.
After which you are left with something that is not only truly beautiful and wonderful to touch, but is functional and bespoke to you.