- If there is one accessory worth considering for your portfolio, it is a Slipcase. For the simple reason being that it provides protection for your portfolio and album.
- Traditionally Made. Which means it's going to be a lot stronger. Ten pieces of board laminated together and then step jointed and glued at the corners and edges - It's a lot more work but this pays dividends in rigidity and strength needed.
- Bespoke To Your Requirements. We couldn't even start the project unless we had the portfolio, album, or book here to build the slipcase around. Just like a bespoke suit or dress, this item is custom made around what it is enclosing or wrapping.
- Fully lined inside and out. Your slipcase is fully lined inside with a material of your choice because it's the attention to detail that people notice. It takes more time, but it's done properly.
- Need Help. Hopefully all answers you'll need are in the tabbed section above, but if by any chance you have any further questions or any problems, then please feel free to call us.
- There is no extra charge for having more than one colour or how and where you use them.
- There is however a one off charge for using a non standard material.
- For the outer cover we strongly suggest you use either a Buckram or Faux Leather as these can be wiped clean. Windsor and Colorado book cloths cannot!
- We strongly urge you to request fabric samples from us if you are in any doubt about your choice.
- How. Mostly our customers use the same personalisation that they have for their portfolio or album. It still carries an extra stamping charge, but does not require an extra die being made. Your options are as outlined below. If you haven't had anything personalised from us below, this is how it works. There are 2 options open to you regarding your personalisation. Either we can set out your wording using one of our house fonts, which can be found here. Alternatively, you can send us finished and ready to use artwork in the form of an .ai or .eps file. Our finished artwork specification can be found here.
- Where. Your personalisation can be placed anywhere you like. In order to do this we make a metal die of your name/logo. We can also use the same die to stamp, to make a second stamp to stamp the same thing elsewhere, i.e. On the spine (cost £20.00).
- Can I have more than one? Yes, you can have as many personalisations as you like, but each will require a new die and therefore an extra charge
- What are my personalisation options? There are 5 options. They are: - Blind Deboss - Heavy impression with no colour.
Our process runs as follows. Your order enters the production queue the moment you check out. Within a few minutes of having placed an order, you will receive via email, an Order Confirmation sheet. At the bottom of this page you will find an expected despatch date. (Please make sure you reply to this email as it ensures we have understood your order correctly and will not start making your order until we have this confirmation).
- Size? Is based on the size of the portfolio, album or book that is being placed inside the slipcase. We work on generic international and US sizes, but can make to any size. If the size of the binder that we are making the slipcase around is not mentioned here we will either ask you to pick the closest size we feature (for pricing purposes) and then you can tell what size the media is, or will make out a special order for you.
- Finger Notches? These are the little moon cuts that you see cut into the side of the slipcase. It is still possible to take your portfolio out of the slipcase without them, but they are an optional extra. - When can you expect to receive you order? At the bottom of your order confirmation email you will see a production week date, we aim to ship out at the end of that week. For more info on delivery, click on the delivery tab above.
- Help? If you are having any problems when placing your order, please feel free to contact us directly. We can't take payments over the phone, but we can certainly help you with placing your order.
$201.31 - $241.82
Use the product options below to customise this item and make it bespoke to you in terms of size, colour and personalisation :
Every order we take is individually hand made.
We start with a large piece of grey board, rolls of material and from there, it's individually custom made to your requirements.
Our slipcases consist of very durable 4mm thick board. They are made by laminating 2mm board, creating a step joint and then glueing them together.
All this effort is partly down to traditional box making techniques, but mainly, it is because this is how you make the strongest possible box.