- Premium Presentation. The screw posts are enclosed in the spine cover and the screw caps are hidden by the flaps of the outer covers. This combines to create for a neat and tidy presentation binder of the highest quality.
- Any Size or Format. What you see in the pictures is an A4, portrait portfolio with a standard 2cm spine, but it could be in any size from A6, A5, A4, A3 & A2 and all the U.S. sizes in between. In any format and with any spine width from 1cm to 15cm.
- Bespoke To Your Requirements. Just like a bespoke suit or dress, this item is custom made just for you. This means that the size, the outer colour, the inner colour whether it has internal pockets or not is completely up to you.
- Need Help. Hopefully all answers you'll need are in the tabbed section above, but if by any chance you have any further questions or any problems, then please feel free to call us.
- We strongly urge you to request fabric samples from us if you are in any doubt about your choice.
- How. There are 2 options open to you regarding your personalisation. Either we can set out your wording using one of our house fonts as below, a larger version can be found here.
Alternatively, you can send us finished and ready to use artwork in the form of an .ai or .eps file. It must be right reading. Anything stamped must be in black (not greyscale or colour) on a white background. No JPEG's or PNG files please. Our finished artwork specification can be found here.
- How is it done? We use the artwork you send us, or that we set out. to create a metal (magnesium) stamping die (picture below) which we attach to our stamping press and then create an impression on to the cover of your portfolio. - Where. Your personalisation can be placed anywhere you like. In order to do this we make a metal die of your name/logo. We can also use the same die to stamp, to make a second stamp to stamp the same thing elsewhere, i.e. On the spine (cost £20.00).
- Can I have more than one? Yes, you can have as many personalisations as you like, but each will require a new die and therefore an extra charge
- What are my personalisation options? There are 5 options. They are: - Blind Deboss - Heavy impression with no colour. - Colour Block Foiled - Light impression with colour foil infill. - Leaving A Recessed Space - An area of any size is inset into the cover where upon you can place a card within the space. - Plaque with Name Foiled - As above, an area is inset into the cover, but we create a plaque and foil or blind deboss a name or logo. - Cut Out Window With Logo Foiled - A window (of any shape) is cut into the cover and a name/logo is foiled or blind debossed within. - UV Printed - A name or logo is colour printed onto the cover. - For more information. Our guide to personalisation can be found on this page here: Guide To Personalisation.
A guide to internal pockets can be found on this page here Internal Pockets. Each pocket option carries a surcharge. - Business card Pocket - Business card pocket front & back - Full width horizontal pocket - Full length vertical pocket - Horizontal and/or vertical pocket front & back - Business card pocket front, Full length pocket back
Our process runs as follows. Your order enters the production queue the moment you check out. Within a few minutes of having placed an order, you will receive via email, an Order Confirmation sheet. At the bottom of this page you will find an expected despatch date. (Please make sure you reply to this email as it ensures we have understood your order correctly and will not start making your order until we have this confirmation).
- Size? Is based on the size of the media being placed inside the portfolio or binder. We work on generic international and US sizes, but can make to any size. If the size of the media is not mentioned here we will either ask you to pick the closest size we feature (for pricing purposes) and then you can tell what size the media is, or will make out a special order for you.
- Orientation? Portrait means the media sits vertically and is bound along the long edge. Landscape means the media sits horizontally and is bound along the short edge.
- Protectors, Sleeves or Hinge Strips? This is important for us to know. If your page is being placed in page protectors/pockets, then we must allow for the cover to be larger height and width. Also our H&Co pockets maybe a different size to other suppliers, which is why we ask this question. If using file or hinge strips, your portfolio will be narrower but longer than page protectors.
- What width spine?. This refers to the thickness of what is being placed inside the portfolio. Our standard spine width of 2cm, fits approximately 25 page protectors in it. If you feel this wont be big enough and would like something thicker, than this please let us know on the order.
- Help? If you are having any problems when placing your order, please feel free to contact us directly. We can't take payments over the phone, but we can certainly help you with placing your order.
Hidden Screw Post Portfolio
$351.00 - $565.00
Prices exclude VAT/Taxes
Use the product options below to customise this item and make it bespoke to you in terms of size, colour and personalisation :
Every order we take is individually hand made...
...We start with a large piece of grey board, a couple of rolls of premium materials and from there, it's individually custom made to your requirements.
Our outer covers consists of two pieces of 2mm thick board, laminated together, making the outer cover 4mm thick. The inner cover is another 1.5mm thick, why? Because it's all about the quality, strength and longevity of the portfolio.
The thickness, or how much your portfolio can take, is down to the length of the posts. These can range in length from 10mm to 120mm.
Our Hidden Screw Post Portfolio -With a choice of one, two or more colours, this is a quality portfolio book, which would ultimately reflect very well on its owner. Add all the different options available and create a truly individual portfolio.
The book I ordered was for a very special project to me and therefore needed to be of timeless quality, which it was. The product turned out beautifully and I will not hesitate to re-order from Hartnack & Co. in the future. I highly recommend :)
My portfolio binder was very well crafted and looks exactly like the photos on the website. Everyone I was in contact with through costumer service was very respectful and made sure I got exactly what I wanted. They were great about staying in touch even though I live in a different country. Once my portfolio was finished, it arrived within the week after shipping. If you are interested in ordering from this company, keep in mind that it is a long process, as everything is done based on your preferences and how quickly you reply. My portfolio arrived a couple of weeks after I placed my order, so make sure you order at least a month in advance so you get yours on time. It was absolutely worth the price and a great investment if you plan on using yours for a long time. It looks professional and will defiantly stand out amongst other portfolios.
I'm very happy with my portfolio cover, it turned out better than I imagined and I can't wait to put it to use. I'm a graphic designer and I've always wanted my own personalised portfolio cover to present my work in. Hactnack & Co offered a range of styles and materials, and I was able to customise my portfolio cover to the way I wanted it. Nick and Jackie were lovely and made the whole process clear and easy. Thank you!
Working with Hartnack&co could not have gone any better! I'm a photography student in Canada that will be graduating this semester and I needed to find a portfolio for my images. When I found Hartnack&co I immediately fell in love with the buckram material, the Hartnack&co website because it is so resourceful in finding exactly what's right for you, and the fact that I'd be supporting a small family business in England! Despite the time difference, Nick and Jackie always answered emails in a timely manor when I had questions and when finalizing my portfolio. I appreciated the fact that they sent me multiple proofs and confirmations of my portfolio so that there was no room for error. One thing that actually shocked me was how quickly I got my portfolio from Hartnack&co! I believe I received it in the mail 3 days earlier than the expected delivery date. This was shocking because Canada and England are not that close and I thought if anything, my portfolio would arrive late due to the affects of COVID-19 and other issues. When I did receive my portfolio, It was beautifully wrapped and in perfect condition! The portfolio is extremely high quality, I don't see a single flaw. I could not be happier with the end result, it is EXACTLY what I had hoped for. I can't wait to put my images in it and to show it off to my classmates and instructors in the next month! I'm very happy that I decided to work with Hartnack&co and I only have good things to say. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The design portfolio and box were beautifully made and the execution was flawless. The customer service was incredible and the package shipped to the United States quicker than expected. Designers, these custom portfolios from Hartnack and Company are a great way to stand out to potential employers and design clients! Best career investment I ever made.