- Premium Luxury Presentation. A single continuous hide of either 2.5mm or 3.5mm thick, veg tanned leather with a premium screw post binding mechanism.
- Any Size or Format. While most of the photos above show A4 portfolios, we can make any of the following sizes; A6, A5, A4 & A3 including all U.S sizes as well. Not only can we make portrait and landscape, but for artists, a flip over format as well. This product is ideal if you want to create leather art portfolio binder for your work.
- Bespoke To Your Requirements. Just like a bespoke suit or dress, this item is custom made just for you. This means that the size, the leather, the inner colour whether it has internal pockets or not is completely up to you.
- Need Help. Hopefully all answers you'll need are in the tabbed section above, but if by any chance you have any further questions or any problems, then please feel free to call us.
- You have a choice of 2 types of leather. 3.5mm thick and 2.5mm thick. - Texture. The texture of these two leathers differ in that the 2.5mm has a lot of texture and the 3.5mm has a lot less. That said!! This is a generalisation, as each batch of leather can vary in texture. - Leather Colour. The 3.5mm is available in brown and black...
... and the 2.5mm is available in mid brown, dark brown and black.
- Provenance & Process. We source our leather from a UK wholesaler who in-turn sources directly from a tannery in Italy. Our hides are bovine (cow) hides, full grain (top of the skin down) that have been vegetable 'veg' tanned and dyed through. The hides are 'tumble finished', which means they are placed in a large drum and then gently spun or "tumbled" for a period of time. This process breaks down the fibres in the hide, not only making it slightly softer, but also making the surface of the hide more textured. The thinner the hide, the more textured it is becomes. - Worth Mentioning. We use "non corrected grain" hides. (they have not had a false skin grain stamped into the surface). Therefore while we do out best to ensure that we use the best surface available on the front cover, certain skin marks (stretching, bites and scars) may be apparent. Also, being natural (non corrected) hides, some hides might be more textured (or less textured) than others. We have a more comprehensive page on leather here.
- Back Inner Cover. This part of the portfolio holds the binding mechanism in place, so is an integral part of the portfolio. This has to have a cover on it and there is a wide variety of fabrics and materials to do this with. The fabric swatch can be found here. H&Co Fabric Swatch. - Front Inner Cover. We offer this as either covered or uncovered, as below. If you choose covered it will be in the same material as you choose for the back cover.
- We recommend buckram book cloth if you are looking for something hard waring as it can be wiped clean. Windsor and Colorado book cloth can mark and are certainly not water resistant. - If you are in doubt about any of the fabric colours or textures, we will happily send you out samples. Just use the Contact Us button on the top Menu bar and request what you would like to see.
- How. There are 2 options open to you regarding your personalisation. Either we can set out your wording using one of our house fonts, which can be found here. Alternatively, you can send us finished and ready to use artwork in the form of an .ai or .eps (vector) file. Our finished artwork specification can be found here. - Where. Your personalisation can be placed anywhere you like on the cover. - Can I have more than one? Yes, you can have as many personalisations as you like, but each will require a new die. A die is a metal plate we get made that stamp into the leather and therefore an extra charge will apply. - What are my personalisation options? There are 2 options on having your folder personalised. They are: Blind Deboss Foil Stamping
- You can have internal pockets on the inner covers, for instance a business card pocket or a full length horizontal pocket. These is a surcharge for this and a examples can be seen here. - Pockets can be specified via the ordering process in the column to the right of this tab. - If there is something you would like, but isn't available, please ask.
- Our process runs as follows. Your order enters the production queue the moment you check out. Within a few minutes of having placed an order, you will receive via email, an Order Confirmation sheet. At the bottom of this page you will find an expected despatch date. (Please make sure you reply to this email as it ensures we have understood your order correctly and will not start making your order until we have this confirmation). - For current lead times between ordering and dispatch as well as shipping costs please click on this link: Delivery lead times and shipping costs.
- Size? Is based on the size of the media being placed inside the portfolio or binder. We work on generic international and US sizes, but can make to any size. If the size of the media is not mentioned here we will either ask you to pick the closest size we feature (for pricing purposes) and then you can tell what size the media is, or will make out a special order for you.
- Orientation? Portrait means the media sits vertically and is bound along the long edge. Landscape means the media sits horizontally and is bound along the short edge.
- Protectors, Sleeves or Hinge Strips? This is important for us to know. If your page is being placed in page protectors/pockets, then we must allow for the cover to be larger height and width. Also our H&Co pockets maybe a different size to other suppliers, which is why we ask this question. If using file or hinge strips, your portfolio will be narrower but longer than page protectors.
- What width spine?. This refers to the thickness of what is being placed inside the portfolio. Our standard spine width of 2cm, fits approximately 25 page protectors in it. If you feel this wont be big enough and would like something thicker, than this please let us know on the order.
- Help? If you are having any problems when placing your order, please feel free to contact us directly. We can't take payments over the phone, but we can certainly help you with placing your order.
Leather Screw Post Portfolio
€246,95 - €329,95
Prices exclude VAT/Taxes
Use the product options below to customise this item and make it bespoke to you in terms of size, colour and personalisation :
Every order we take is individually hand made.
We begin with a premium full grain, veg tanned hide. We measure it to your specification and then cut it out by hand.
The inner cover boards are measured, cut to your specification and then covered in your choice of material.
We then personalise it.
After which you are left with something that is not only truly beautiful and wonderful to touch, but is functional and bespoke to you.
From start to finish Nick and Jackie provided everything that one could want from a bespoke service. We are celebrating the 70th anniversary of our cricket club and wanted a handsome and unique folder in which to display the club's history and the deeds of its players over the years. Nick was prompt and endlessly patient as we stepped through the development process together and the resulting leather screw-post binder is truly a thing of beauty and a joy forever. We could not be more satisfied.
Bespoke Personalised Leather Portfolio with Screw Binder
Excellent overall experience! Not only was the portfolio beautiful (and smelled amazing), the customer service is top-notch. I needed a birthday gift on short notice, and Jackie & Nick could not have been more helpful - the personalised portfolio arrived the night before I requested - saving the birthday :). My partner loved it and even sent a picture to his mum. I have already recommended Hartnack & Company and will continue to spread the word!