- A Premium Luxury Leather Box File. If presentation is important, then you need look no further. Covered in our 2.5mm black or brown full grain, veg tanned leather. The flap has enclosed magnets, ensuring for a reassuring snap closure.
- Any Size or Format. What you see in the pictures is an A4, Landscape format, clamshell box, but it could be in any size from A6 to A3 (we also make to any U.S. sizes as well). The same applies to the depth of the boxes, just lets us know the depth you need.
- Bespoke To Your Requirements. Just like a bespoke suit or dress, this item is custom made just for you. This means that the size, the colour of the trays, the outer colour, whether it has internal pockets or not is completely up to you.
- A Large Choice of Mechanisms. European 2 or 4 ring, American 3 ring, lever arch file mechanisms and sizes from 2cm to 12cm's. We've dedicated a whole page, to what's available which can be found on this link here, Ring Binder and Lever Arch Mechanisms
- Need Help. Hopefully all answers you'll need are in the tabbed section above, but if by any chance you have any further questions or any problems, then please feel free to call us.
- Leather Colour. The 2.5mm is available in mid brown, dark brown and black.
- Provenance & Process. We source our leather from a UK wholesaler who in-turn sources directly from a tannery in Italy. Our hides are bovine (cow) hides, full grain (top of the skin down) that have been vegetable 'veg' tanned and dyed through. The hides are 'tumble finished', which means they are placed in a large drum and then gently spun or "tumbled" for a period of time. This process breaks down the fibres in the hide, not only making it slightly softer, but also making the surface of the hide more textured. The thinner the hide, the more textured it is becomes. - Worth Mentioning. We use "non corrected grain" hides. (they have not had a false skin grain stamped into the surface). Therefore while we do out best to ensure that we use the best surface available on the front cover, certain skin marks (stretching, bites and scars) may be apparent. Also, being natural (non corrected) hides, some hides might be more textured (or less textured) than others. We have a more comprehensive page on leather here.
- Your tray/box and your inner cover will need covering. These can be done in either book cloth or faux leather.
- There is no extra charge for having more than one colour or how and where you use them.
- There is however a one off charge for using a non standard material.
- For the outer cover we strongly suggest you use either a Buckram or Faux Leather as these can be wiped clean. Windsor and Colorado book cloths cannot!
- We strongly urge you to request fabric samples from us if you are in any doubt about your choice.
- How. There are 2 options open to you regarding your personalisation. Either we can set out your wording using one of our house fonts, which can be found here. Alternatively, you can send us finished and ready to use artwork in the form of an .ai or .eps (vector) file. Our finished artwork specification can be found here. - Where. Your personalisation can be placed anywhere you like on the cover. - Can I have more than one? Yes, you can have as many personalisations as you like, but each will require a new die. A die is a metal plate we get made that stamp into the leather and therefore an extra charge will apply. - What are my personalisation options? There are 2 options on having your folder personalised. They are: Blind Deboss Foil Stamping
Our process runs as follows. Your order enters the production queue the moment you check out. Within a few minutes of having placed an order, you will receive via email, an Order Confirmation sheet. At the bottom of this page you will find an expected despatch date. (Please make sure you reply to this email as it ensures we have understood your order correctly and will not start making your order until we have this confirmation).
- Size? Is based on the size of the media being placed inside the box, not the box size itself. We work on generic international and US sizes, but can make to any size. If the size of the media you are using is not mentioned here we will either ask you to pick the closest size we feature (for pricing purposes) and then you can tell what size the media is, or will make out a special order for you.
- Orientation? Portrait means the media sits vertically. The box can open either on the longest side (opening like a book from right to left). Or, it can open on the shorter bottom end flipping over from bottom to top Landscape means the media sits horizontally The box can open on the shorter edge (opening like a book from right to left) or on the longer edge from bottom flipping over to the top.
- Depth of Box? Is largely determined by the size of binder mechanism you select. We have set a list of sizes, but we can make to any size. If you would like something deeper than the 8cm listed, a new menu box will open up asking you how big.
- Binder Mechanism? The best guide we can forward you to is the one we have set out on this page here, Ring Binder Mechanisms, which explains what we have, what we can get and also capacity.
- When can you expect to receive you order? At the bottom of your order confirmation email you will see a production week date, we aim to ship out at the end of that week. For more info on delivery, click on the delivery tab above.
- Help? If you are having any problems when placing your order, please feel free to contact us directly. We can't take payments over the phone, but we can certainly help you with placing your order.
Leather Covered Box File (2.5mm Black or Brown Leather)
Prices exclude VAT/Taxes
Use the product options below to customise this item and make it bespoke to you in terms of size, colour and personalisation :
Every order we take is individually hand made.
We start with a large piece of grey board, rolls of material and from there, it's individually custom made to your requirements.
Our covers are a durable 4mm thick. The trays are made by laminating 2mm board, creating a step joint and then glueing them together.
All this effort is partly down to traditional box making techniques, but mainly, it is because this is how you make the strongest possible box.
You may also like
5.0Based on 1 Reviews
Write a ReviewAsk a Question
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
I decided I needed some good quality options to keep the documents safe for my two beautiful Jaguars - a silver 1954 XK120SE OTS and a blue 1966 E-type convertible. This was my first time buying from the Hartnack team and the results were outstanding. First, Nick and the entire team couldn't have been more helpful in choosing the right color scheme and materials - even sending me samples to choose from. The file boxes arrived without delay and they are wonderful partners for the car for now and in future years. Now I will have to find another project! Absolutely recommend to anyone with a car worth the attention.